Banara, India: The First Phase of the JKU Health & Wellness Center was completed in January 2021 with upgradation of the existing Outpatient Clinic.
The clinic is now includes:
- a more comfortable waiting lounge for patients
- a fully equipped diagnostic lab
- a digital x-ray machine that is expected to reduce wait times from 30 min to 3 min and much more.
Services offered include:
- dentist’s office where all services, such as tooth extraction, scaling, filling, crown preparation, root canal, etc. will be available
- ambulance service for the old, disabled, and local children
- ob-gyn services
- maternal and child healthcare including family planning and immunizations for infectious diseases
- prevention and treatment of local endemic diseases
- promotion of good mental health
- a vision center
- community activities to promote basic hygiene and sanitation, family planning, importance of disease prevention and vaccinations, etc.
(Partnered with Dr. Dash Foundation,JKU Campus, Banara, India)
In addition to the above services, an “Ambulatory Clinic” (Clinic on Wheels) was also introduced. It is expected to serve the same catchment area with the same services as will be offered at the newly remodeled clinic.